Super busy lives don’t mean you can’t have a good home cooked, comfort meal!
Crock pots are amazing and once you get the ingredients mixed up, throw it in there and forget about it until it’s time to eat.
Perfect for a great hot meal at the end of a busy day!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup of crushed crackers (I use Captains’s Waifers)
- 1/2 cup French’s Onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB garlic/ rosemary seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed Tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- couple squirts of Heinz 57
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, French’s onions, salt, pepper, tarragon, rosemary/garlic seasoning, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Mix until just wet. Add ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine. Use your hands to really work everything together. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for an hour and then Low for 4-6 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar, Heinz 57, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; spoon sauce over meat loaf. Return to slow cooker and cook on Low until heated through, about 15-30 minutes. Last 10 minutes, sprinkle mozzarella over sauce and cover to melt cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I usually serve with basic buttered noodles and salad. Quick and easy. Also family approved!
And this is what my son did while I got the meatloaf into the Crock Pot. :o)