The temperature is down and the fire is lit. It’s the holiday season and what’s better than a warm cup of hot chocolate in front of a fire while Christmas movies are on the tv?
My kids love hot cocoa. One likes regular and one likes white. But to be honest, both love anything chocolate.
Yes, they are both certainly my children.
I personally like dark chocolate, but no chocolate will be turned away if offered to me. 🙂
This first recipe is for White Hot Chocolate. It’s a stove top recipe.
White Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips (or chopped white chocolate)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup cream, White Chocolate chips, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Stir in remaining cream; add cayenne pepper, simmer for 1 minute. Discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in vanilla.
The next recipe is for a crowd and it uses your Crock Pot.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- 7 oz of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups of Chocolate Chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate, depending on your preference)
- 3/4 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 3 cups of Milk ( you want 2% for this recipe)
- 3/4 cup of sugar ***Only if using DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS***
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Candy canes
Combine all ingredient together in the Crock Pot, cook on LOW for 2-3 hours.
Stir every half hour or so.
Garnish with whipped cream and candy canes ** optional.
Happy Holidays to all of you from us!
If you make either of these, please leave feedback and let me know what you thought!